Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Winter Fun

We went up to Washburn this past weekend. We had a chance to ski Mt. Valhalla out in the National Forest. The snow was super deep and the groomers were not exactly keeping up. There was around a foot of snow on the grooming equipment. The five of us of very wide ranging abilities had tons of fun blazing a trail. Next time, I'd like to explore more of that same trail.

Back home, yesterday, I went out to Hyland Park Reserve in Bloomington. That was fun. I went alone and tried to keep a steady pace with my heart rate around 150. The trail was uncrowded between the main challet and the nature center. I even saw a few deer. I did the loop 4 times in a discouragingly long amount of time. The temperature was around 20 F, and I was using CH6 and blue extra.

No comments: