Saturday, January 10, 2009

Doh!

My plan was to eat a quick breakfast, then do a 2-3 hour ski at Hyland. The problem is my boots were riding around in my wife's car during her morning routine, which started slightly before mine. Instead, I mustered the mental toughness to do two and a half hours on the trainer watching episodes of "The Wire".

An unrelated bummer was a couple days ago when I re-broke my Garmin Forerunner 50. It's about a year old, and the watch band doesn't want to stay on. If I had to do it again, I would have bought a bike mounted unit with GPS. What they should really do is come up with Bluetooth bike computer sensors and heart rate monitors that interface with the iPhone. I would buy that in a minute. Instead, I'm stuck with my old broken-banded Garmin duct taped to the stem of my bike.

No comments: