Tuesday, June 8, 2010

MNMBS #2

I went out what I thought was kind of hard. I did enough to enter the single track in 6th position in the 30-39 y/o wave. Then, I just couldn't hang. Last Saturday, I went to Afton with my friends, then I could push the middle chain ring in my highest or second highest cog. At the Afton race, I was relegated to my granny. I don't know, I may have just gassed myself on the first climb trying to stick with the top guys. In the end I ended up 6th place in my age group again, 28th overall. I have to say I am dissappointed I didn't do better than the first race. I thought I was a better climber. The thing is, all the comp guys are good climbers. Oh well. It was still a lot of fun. Toward the end, me and a guy from Wookie Juice had a great battle for position. I think he actually had me by 4 minutes due to the wave placing, but it was great motivation to keep racing.

This photo, from Dana Schoppe is just great:


Now, that guy was fast!! Until next time ....

2 comments:

4luvandlife said...

Way to ride out there. It's early season. The fastest rides are still to come.

I like that pic from Dana also.

See you at Mankato. I'm missing Mt. Du Lac unfortunatley.

JDA said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement out there. It helped me keep going. I will beore
conservative tomorrow.